Seasonal Tax Preparer
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. is accepting resumes for a new seasonal tax preparer position in the Chambersburg and Greencastle, PA offices. The term of employment is anticipated to run from approximately the beginning of January through the middle of April on an annual basis. The position entails detail oriented work in the area of personal income tax preparation.
The responsibilities for the seasonal tax preparer position include but are not limited to:
- Prepare simple to complex tax returns for individuals.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures in order to determine forms needed to prepare tax return.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep client taxes to a minimum.
- Familiarity with IRS and state tax laws and the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice in order to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Works with confidential client matters.
- Other duties as assigned by firm management.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or a minimum of 2 years tax preparation experience.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends during tax season.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency in preparing individual returns.
- Working knowledge of basic office technology (MS Excel & MS Word).
- Previous experience with computerized tax preparation software required. Experience with Thomson Creative Solutions Ultra Tax program a plus. Ability to learn the Ultra Tax program is essential.
- Familiarity with IRS and state tax laws. Ability to quickly grasp and enact procedural changes that occur in federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Understanding of the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct.
- Solid interpersonal skills to conduct client interviews in a personable yet professional manner in representing our firm.
For consideration, please forward your current resume to: email@example.com
We are always looking for high quality individuals to join our firm. Our needs change constantly, so please submit your resume with a cover letter to the following address so we will have your information on file and can notify you the moment a job opportunity becomes available.
L. David Law
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C.
1134 Kennebec Drive
Chambersburg, PA 17201