Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. is a leading regional accounting firm strategically positioned for substantial growth in the near future.
Our staff consists of both tax and accounting professionals who have extensive experience and exceptional academic credentials and are committed to providing clients with superior world class service.
We offer our associates a stable, organized and friendly business environment which is led by management that clearly supports and practices a team-oriented working approach. Our philosophy of hard work, dedication to our clients and emphasis on professional growth allows us to offer exemplary career opportunities for individuals ready to join an innovative, growing company.
To keep pace with the ever-evolving business environment, we are always accepting resumes from highly qualified, self-motivated individuals.
Current Open Positions
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. is seeking a Senior Associate to join our Chambersburg, Pennsylvania office. As a member of the Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. team, you will work directly with entrepreneurs and managers of small to medium sized businesses, governmental entities and not-for-profit entities. You will be providing sound business advice that enable these individuals to focus their efforts on the growth and success of their enterprise.
The Rotz & Stonesifer P.C.’s slogan “Let’s Talk” reflects our strong commitment to have a conversation with our clients. “Let’s Talk” also portrays our commitment to help clients in many ways other than straight numbers. Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. is much more than just a numbers crunching firm, but rather is a value added partner full of enthusiasm and advice for our clients in all aspects of business and personal finances. A successful candidate will share this philosophy and enthusiasm.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting is desired
- CPA or currently working toward obtaining a CPA license
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with financial statement auditing with a public accounting firm
- Experience with governmental entities and not-for-profits
- Experience preparing individual, corporate and partnership income tax returns
- Experience preparing IRS form 990
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner
- Detail Oriented
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Knowledge of SSARS
- Embrace the values of Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. which are as follows: Be respectful, Be proactive, Be solution oriented, not problem oriented, Take pride and ownership in your work, Be open to change, be excited about what you do, Share knowledge, Continuously learn, Do your job completely, Lead by example, Exhibit high moral and ethical values, Support a positive environment, and To live a life with purpose and intention.
- Prepare financial statements
- Supervise work of Associates
- Train and evaluate Associates
- Report directly to Partner in charge of auditing division
- Comply with deadline requirements of engagements
- Perform audit, review and compilation engagements
- Prepare personal and entity income tax returns
- Reviewing financial statements and tax returns prepared by Associates
- Actively promote and facilitate teamwork throughout the firm
Job Type: Full-time
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. is accepting resumes for a new seasonal tax preparer position in the Chambersburg and Greencastle, PA offices. The term of employment is anticipated to run from approximately the beginning of January through the middle of April on an annual basis. The position entails detail oriented work in the area of personal income tax preparation.
The responsibilities for the seasonal tax preparer position include but are not limited to:
- Prepare simple to complex tax returns for individuals.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures in order to determine forms needed to prepare tax return.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep client taxes to a minimum.
- Familiarity with IRS and state tax laws and the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice in order to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Works with confidential client matters.
- Other duties as assigned by firm management.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or a minimum of 2 years tax preparation experience.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends during tax season.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency in preparing individual returns.
- Working knowledge of basic office technology (MS Excel & MS Word).
- Previous experience with computerized tax preparation software required. Experience with Thomson Creative Solutions Ultra Tax program a plus. Ability to learn the Ultra Tax program is essential.
- Familiarity with IRS and state tax laws. Ability to quickly grasp and enact procedural changes that occur in federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Understanding of the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct.
- Solid interpersonal skills to conduct client interviews in a personable yet professional manner in representing our firm.
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. is accepting resumes for a new full charge bookkeeping position in the Chambersburg, PA office. The ideal candidate for the position should possess excellent communication/customer service skills, be able to learn new skills quickly and be able to service multiple firm clients.
The responsibilities for the full charge bookkeeping position include but are not limited to:
- Maintain client general ledger and associated accounting records.
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Reconcile client bank accounts and credit card statements
- Payroll and payroll tax preparation
- Financial statement preparation
- Other accounting and payroll duties as assigned
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Three plus years of general bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient with Quickbooks software
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C . is seeking a motivated individual to fill an open Payroll Specialist position in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. is a full service public accounting firm that processes payrolls for numerous clients of the firm. The firm is seeking to hire a full-time payroll specialist. The new member of the Payroll team will ensure accurate processing and recording of client’s payroll and provide clients with timely and accurate financial information. This position will impact a growing firm and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform daily payroll data entry and preparation
· Prepare payroll reports to submit to clients
· Prepare tax calculations and payroll tax deposits
· Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
· Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
· Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
· Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
· Process accurate and timely year-end and quarterly payroll tax reporting (941, W-2, W-2c, etc.)
· Import files received from client time keeping software
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients
· Develop and maintain expert knowledge in payroll regulations at the federal, state and local level
Skills & Qualifications:
· Associates Degree is not required
· Prior experience with payroll is required
· Prior experience in public accounting is desirable
· Intermediate to advanced overall computer skills
· Ability to work with all levels of management and employees
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Detail oriented
· Intermediate excel skills
· Excellent customer service skills
Job Type: Full-time
Rotz & Stonesifer, P.C. sponsors a comprehensive college internship program. The internships are available during January thru April of each year or as deemed necessary by the firm. We currently are accepting resumes for our internship program beginning in January. Interns are paid a competitive wage and the firm assists all student interns in achieving full academic credit.
If you are interested in being considered for an internship with our firm, send a cover letter and resume.